Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
• Hospice Patient Companion: Work directly with patients and their families by providing companionship, respite care, and/or relief for primary caregiver. No prior medical knowledge required.
• Vigil Support: Vigil volunteers are requested as needed for one time visits to sit with patients who are in the process of dying. As well as day and evening companionship, we are seeking volunteers interested in providing valuable late night or overnight presence during this time of transition.
• Hospice Massage Therapist: Volunteer time requirement is flexible. Previous training/work in massage therapy required, comfort working around patient’s physical restrictions and understanding of contraindications.
• Bereavement: Assist with phone calls, mailings and other needed bereavement support for caregivers.
• CareCuts Hairstylist/Barber: Provide occasional in-home haircuts for our hospice clients. Need to have professional skills and own equipment.
• Snow Angel: Support our hospice patients/families outside the home by providing needed assistance with yard care needs: snow removal, raking, trimming and mowing. All you need is a love of the outdoors and able to commit one year of service.
• Office: If you don't have a lot of time to volunteer regularly, choose to be on our volunteer 'call list' for periodic administrative needs like mailings, odd jobs, and event help.
• Volunteers must commit to one year of service.
• Hospice patient companion volunteers need to be available for regular weekly assignments from 2-4 hrs.
• Volunteers need to be caring, compassionate, flexible, and good listeners.
• Mandatory Hospice volunteer training will be provided for patient volunteers.
• No prior medical knowledge necessary.
If interested in being a volunteer, please download our Volunteer Application.